Thursday, January 25, 2007

Unemployment. I love it.

The past month of unemployment has been quite enjoyable. Some highlights:
-Christmas at home in Tampa with family, including a cooking extravaganza with Uncle Tony and manatee paddling and snorkeling with Robbie.

-New Year's and the week after in Palm Beach with Travis, Brian and Kristin. We paddled, dove, snorkeled, peddled, ate and laid around on the beach. I saw a turtle while diving, tons of gators in the Everglades, and an anhinga eat a fish much larger than I would have ever imagined. We watched blowing rocks on the coast, and um, well, I left there completely soaked. 4 games of Cataan were played, and I won the final, which leaves me with the title of "Queen of Cataan" for the next 2 years.

-Several days were spent in Ann Arbor, MI with my brother, Robbie. It was so cold my teeth hurt one day! Fun was still to be had. A day in Canada ended with Poutine (french fries with cheese curds and gravy), we experienced the North American Auto Show in Detriot, scraped ice off a windshield, and spent hours inside IKEA and Trader Joe's.

-From Detroit, I flew to San Diego to visit my friend Sarah. Cool things we did: tidal pools at Cabrillo National Monument, seals-- tons of wonderful seals at La Jolla Cove, saw a gray whale up-close and personal, spent a day in Mexico seeing La Bufadora (another blow hole!) and ate fresh lobster, beans, rice and a margarita on the coast.

I arrived back in Tampa for a dinner with each parent, then drove back to Jax. I'm here now, enjoying great friends and going away parties.
Ahh, transition. I can't complain though--I often sleep 'til 8:30 or 9:00 now, go to yoga classes with soccer moms at noon, and have been eating all the brie and dark chocolate I desire.

1 comment:

Beth Comer said...

Have a safe trip and keep us posted on all the things to come. You are living your dream and I'm so excited for you. So many people just dream and don't get the chance to see them to fruition. I admire you!