Wednesday, February 28, 2007

un dios de queso

I promise to fill you in soon on really important things (like yesterday´s Independence Day in which I saw the DR´s President live and in person), but for now, I´ll tell you something really fun--
If you know me well, then you know about my unnatural love of nacho cheese. I celebrated my birthday last year with a giant jar of nacho cheese, my friends and the beach. I expected my next few years to be void of nacho cheese. Little did I know! Today after training I went to La Sirena, a local supermarket to buy toothpaste. Upon arrival I found Tostitos doing a promotion and offering FREE SAMPLES! They were changing between salsa and chips or cheese and chips. When it was my turn in line, the lady was preparing to open salsa, but I asked ever so politely for queso instead. So, I just ate four tostitos with queso! Life is good and I relished the moment. Food here hasn´t been bad at all. In fact, I really like it. But, it is a bit monotonous. I eat a lot of yuca, plantanos, rice and beans, so queso was a fantastic afternoon snack! More meaningful things later... (maybe)

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Hey...just wanted to let you know I check up on your blog every Tuesday during team...and miss you!! Sounds like things are going good...post more pics!

~Shelby